We typically collect two types of distinguishing information about you:
- information that you provide that personally identifies you (e.g., full name or phone number);
- information that does not personally identify you (e.g., your IP address or type of browser);
This information is transmitted to, detained, and processed by us in the United States of America;
We typically use this information to provide you with the use of our website and related services, and to produce reports and data about online shopping experiences;
We may, on occasion divulge this information to authorized third parties including our merchants, advertising and promotional partners and third party service providers for these purposes;
By enabling the use of "cookies," we work with and permit advertising networks to gather and record anonymous information about you to send you their ads and use the same information to send you our ads (see section III below);
At any time you may opt-out of certain activities as set forth below (see section VI);
We encrypt any information you provide using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and take measurable security steps and procedures to safeguard information;
If you register with us, you have the ability to revise in any way the information you previously provided to us in the account section;
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at BestDissertations.com please contact us by clicking here;
Our website and our services are not designed or intended for the use of any minor child under the age of 13.
I WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We accrue two types of information related to you:
- Personally Identifiable Information ("PII");
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("Non-PII").
Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any information that identifies you as an individual user. We collect your PII when you select to register with us or when you make the choice to partake in an interactive feature of our Sites such as a review, survey or promotion. You may:
- provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Sites or in connection with a contest entry;
- provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, shopping interests and preferences, etc.) when participating in a survey or poll;
- post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Sites.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We collect specific non-PII from you when you visit and use our Site including IP addresses and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, the third party website from which your visit originated and how you utilize our Site such as the web pages you peruse, and the duration of your visits.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
In our goal to constantly improve our site and the services we offer, PII and Non-PII is used to help carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, serve you efficiently and competently, understand your needs, as well as in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
- our third party service providers who execute functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Sites or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, etc;
- our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies ("affiliated companies") for operational, marketing and promotional purposes;
- co-promotional partnering companies and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships ;
- our other users where you consent and select to publicly post reviews, comments or other information relating to products or services, communicate with other users via public forums (e.g., forums, message boards, bulletin boards, etc.).
Additionally, we use non-PII to help analyze site traffic, gain a better understanding of customer needs and trends, and carry out targeted promotional activities (see "Preference Based Advertising" below).
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
At BestDissertations.com we work hard to protect the security of your information during transmission by employing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of the information you input. Furthermore, we also use a secure server hosting location in the US, firewall protection, controlled access and state of the art encryption technology to protect your personal information. Please be advised, however, that even though our priority is to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or input to our company online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. If for some reason your personal identifiable information ever becomes compromised, we will notify you by e-mail to the last and current known e-mail address you have provided us as soon as feasible under the circumstances (delays in notification might be an unforeseen possibility as we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation.)
YOUR OPTIONS & OPT-OUTS
You have many choices regarding how we use information about you, including: sign out our email distributions, contact us by clicking here; choose not to get any marketing information from us. You have an opportunity to change your information from your personal account.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at BestDissertations.com, please contact us by clicking here.
As neither our Site nor our Services are intended for use by children under 13 and children 13 and under may not submit any PII to us. We also strongly advise that if you are under 18 years of age, you should only use BestDissertations.com and be allowed to submit information under the guidance and with the consent of a parent or guardian.